Re: [EXIM] Corrupt messages?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tom
A: Mike Zanker
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Corrupt messages?

On Thu, 19 Feb 1998, Mike Zanker wrote:

> While reading my email this morning I noticed that one message contained,
> as the last line, the first header line from another message, i.e. the last
> line of the message was
>
> >From *****@student.open.ac.uk Thu Feb 19 03:06:19 1998
>
> (names changed to protect the innocent, etc.)
>
> My mail comes from the University's main mail hub to my Solaris 2.5.1 box
> running Exim 1.82 #1. I then read the mail using Eudora 3.0.5 (32) on an NT
> workstation.

Unix bezerk style mailboxes are notorious for this. The "From_" is
supposed to be a separator. If anything is wrong with it, two messages
will run together. In this case, it appears that the "From_" got a ">"
appended to it (so it wouldn't be seen a separator) and then tacked onto
your message somehow.

Bezerk format is evil. See UW imapd for discussion of different Unix
mailbox formats.

Tom