Re: [EXIM] Applying rules to relays.

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Sherwood Botsford
CC: Exim List
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Applying rules to relays.
On Tue, 10 Feb 1998, Sherwood Botsford wrote:

> It appears right now that mail to my main server is being
> filtered more or less as I expect, but that mail relayed
> to other hosts on my network is not.
>
> E.g. I have
> *.ix.netcom.com in my sender_reject_recipients list
>
> and indeed mail from there is rejected on vega.
>
> But vega is allowed to relay to any address in our domain.
> And that relay is going through.

Do you mean that mail from xxx@??? is rejected if addressed
to a local address but is not being rejected if addressed to a relay
address? That should not happen. Anything that matches
sender_reject_recipients should reject recipients, independently of
where they point. Indeed, Exim doesn't even look at whether they are
local or to be relayed.

> Eventually I'd like vega and spica to act as MX for any host
> in my domain whose users want spam blocking.
>
> Is this possible?

It should be the standard behaviour.