Re: [EXIM] I'm confused about rewriting...

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Hugh Sasse
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] I'm confused about rewriting...
On Tue, 10 Feb 1998, Hugh Sasse wrote:

> I have looked through the copious documentation but I am still a bit
> confused as to how to tackle rewriting properly. My machines are in
> *.image.dmu.ac.uk and all mail outbound from dmu.ac.uk should hide behind
> *@dmu.ac.uk, and go via the hub. Fine. Inside *.dmu.ac.uk things are not
> so rigid, and it seems to me that if I can avoid loading the busy hub that
> would be better. So I want my clients of *.image.dmu.ac.uk to rewrite
> headers to match the green.image.dmu.ac.uk if the mail is inbound in dmu,
> but to match dmu.ac.uk if the stuff is going outside. If there are
> recipients inside and out of dmu, then each should receive appropriate
> headers.

Not possible. At present Exim keeps just one copy of the headers for all
recipients. It seems to me that the rewriting should happen in the hub,
and you should use routing to arrange not to send anything there unless
it is outward bound. The hub can then just rewrite always.

> Because the rewriting is conditional on destination it seems I have to do
> this with the system filter, but I cannot see how.

System filter is run at the start of delivery, long before any routing
or directing happens. It is those that determine the destinations. Also
the system filter is run just *once per message*, not per address.