[EXIM] I'm confused about rewriting...

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Hugh Sasse
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] I'm confused about rewriting...
I have looked through the copious documentation but I am still a bit
confused as to how to tackle rewriting properly. My machines are in
*.image.dmu.ac.uk and all mail outbound from dmu.ac.uk should hide behind
*@dmu.ac.uk, and go via the hub. Fine. Inside *.dmu.ac.uk things are not
so rigid, and it seems to me that if I can avoid loading the busy hub that
would be better. So I want my clients of *.image.dmu.ac.uk to rewrite
headers to match the green.image.dmu.ac.uk if the mail is inbound in dmu,
but to match dmu.ac.uk if the stuff is going outside. If there are
recipients inside and out of dmu, then each should receive appropriate
headers.

Because the rewriting is conditional on destination it seems I have to do
this with the system filter, but I cannot see how. I think I have the
routing part roughly figured out -- use a domainlist router. I can then
route directly to the other *.dmu.ac.uk, where possible. Keeping the
internal *.dmu addresses means the recipient's machine can reply directly
without loading the hub machine. Only there is one problem with that, and
that is that I have not been able to get DNS working on my machines
properly, so I need to just route to places I am sure about from
/etc/hosts (or some file copy of that data.) Of cuorse I would like to get
DNS working, but in the mean time...

Has anyone got any examples I can look at that might help? Or can they
give me URLs on the Exim site for the bits I didn't take in :-) that explain
how to do this conditional rewriting?

    Thank you,
    Hugh
    hgs@???