[EXIM] several messages

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Jim Gottlieb, Piete Brooks, Oliver Smith, Mark Baker
Cc: exim-users
Temas antiguos: Re: [EXIM] rcpt to in Received header
Asunto: [EXIM] several messages
On Mon, 9 Feb 1998, Piete Brooks wrote:

> I suspect that inferring from the absence that a Bcc: has been sent to a
> third party may be spurious -- the Bcc: may well be to the sender ...
>
> [ I assume of course that this would be an option ... ]

The contents of the Received header always have been an expanded string
that the administrator can change.

On Mon, 9 Feb 1998, Oliver Smith wrote:

> There are the following
> valid reasons for wanting to know who the RCPT TO: was that generated the
> particular, individual, unique piece of email you are looking at:

[1-3 omitted]

4. The message passes through several MTAs; the final envelope address
may not correspond to the envelope address at each stage. At present,
the only way to trace it back is to examine the logs of each MTA,
something that isn't always possible.

On Mon, 9 Feb 1998, Mark Baker wrote:

> If I turn off envelope_to_add will I see the original Envelope-to: header,
> or is it always stripped on incoming messages?

There should be no Envelope-to header in incoming messages. It is not
defined in RFC 822.