Re: [EXIM] PATCH for glibc

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Neal Becker
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] PATCH for glibc

    Philip> On Sat, 7 Feb 1998, Neal Becker wrote:
    >> The following patch is needed to build exim-1.82 on linux glibc2.0.6.
    >> This is the same patch I sent before for smtp_in.c, which fixes the
    >> problem with ip_options:

    Philip> Thanks.

    Philip> Can someone tell me the story about glibc2.0.6? I haven't had any
    Philip> problems compiling Exim 1.82 on the two different Linux systems I tried.
    Philip> I suppose they are running some other glibc. Is it widespread? Is it
    Philip> going to become widespread? How does one tell what glibc is installed?
    Philip> Where is __GLIBC__ defined? I can't find it on the Linux systems I have
    Philip> access to.

The original c-lib for linux is called glibc1. Although based on gnu
libc at one time, it was specific to linux. The new one is called
glibc2, and is synced with gnu.

__GLIBC__ is defined in <features.h>

It is unfortunate the glibc has an interface to ip_ops that is
strange. I have discussed this with the maintainer, and I forwared
his response to this list. Basically, he said he solicited ideas for
a design, but got no replies.

Glibc2 is in probably all new Linux distributions, including the
current redhat and debian. It is without question the standard.