Re: [EXIM] Gecos entry and Vacation

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Tony Earnshaw
Cc: Exim
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Gecos entry and Vacation
On Mon, 9 Feb 1998, Tony Earnshaw wrote:

> In connection with the Vacation utility and other automated reply
> facilities within Exim, is there a way of automatically getting the
> first field of the user's Gecos entry in /etc/passwd (and perferably
> also his e-mail address) into ~/.vacation.msg? Everything else works
> perfectly, but the user or mail administrator is at present having to
> edit in this last entry by hand.

Not quite sure exactly which facilities you are using in this
connection. If you are using an autoreply transport explicitly, you can
set the file_expand option, which will allow you to have $local_part in
the message file expanded. If you really are using /etc/passwd you can
do direct lookups on that file using bsearch, but of course this doesn't
work if you are using NIS or similar.

The next release of Exim is re-arranged so that different lookup types
can easily be added. I guess a "passwd" lookup could be made easily
enough, which looked up its key using getpwnam().