Re: [EXIM] Perl enabled exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Nigel Metheringham
Cc: Oliver Smith, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Perl enabled exim
On Tue, 3 Feb 1998, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> Need to look what happens right now - I guess the filter actually runs in
> another process (need to look), in which case that process dies and gets
> taken out with the trash (oh dear, how american - maybe I mean collected
> by the dustbin lorry).

No, filter does not run in another process. However, each Exim delivery
attempt runs in its own process. I must confess that the memory handling
in Exim is a mess. I started out trying to be tidy, and got sloppy,
relying on the separate processes to clean up during delivery. It should
be cleaned up to do one thing or the other.