Re: [EXIM] pipe transport / logging / question

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Moritz Both
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] pipe transport / logging / question
On Fri, 30 Jan 1998, I wrote:

> Guess I need an option to count Received for local deliveries. All this
> remote delivery by pipe wasn't something I was thinking about when I
> wrote Exim; it was intended as a pure Internet mailer...

I've been looking at this problem.

The only reason I put the check after local deliveries was that I was
thinking of local deliveries that really were local (this was before
anybody was using Exim for UUCP or other things like that). There didn't
seem any point in bouncing a message that was just going to go into
somebody's local mailbox. I had ignored the fact that any local delivery
might end up as a gateway to some other mail system, and hence could
result in a loop. I have therefore decided to move the check up so that
it happens before any deliveries. This doesn't lose much, and does catch
all cases.

Anyone disagree?

> > Also, the patch for the logging helps as far as the router is now shown, but
> > still the log entries show a local part after the '=>' only and the original
> > envelope address in angle brackets. The address where this copy of the mail
> > goes (after expansion of alias files etc.) is not shown. Thus, the eximstats
> > output will be wrong.
>
> Noted. Will take a look sometime.

I have now fixed this too (I think). I can probably generate a patch for
you if you want it.