Re: [EXIM] pipe transport / logging / question

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Moritz Both
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] pipe transport / logging / question
On Thu, 29 Jan 1998, Moritz Both wrote:

> Since exim sees all pipe and appendfile transported mail as "deliverd
> locally", it doesn't check the number of "Received:" header lines before
> delivering. So, if a router calls a pipe transport which delivers to a
> remote host, mail can loop (as I see just happens here - the host at the
> other side is much too stupid to even thinking of looking at the Received:
> lines).

Guess I need an option to count Received for local deliveries. All this
remote delivery by pipe wasn't something I was thinking about when I
wrote Exim; it was intended as a pure Internet mailer...

> Also, the patch for the logging helps as far as the router is now shown, but
> still the log entries show a local part after the '=>' only and the original
> envelope address in angle brackets. The address where this copy of the mail
> goes (after expansion of alias files etc.) is not shown. Thus, the eximstats
> output will be wrong.

Noted. Will take a look sometime.

> If the latter is a but too complicated to resolve, nevermind, its just for
> the record. The problem in the first paragraph is more serious for us... any
> idea how I can bring exim to check the Received: header lines? It would be
> okay to do that for =every= local delivery. I already looked into deliver.c
> - it seems the check for the number of Received: header lines is done
> =after= the (so-called) local deliveries, so it looks as if I might mess
> things up rather than correct anything...

There is no reason why you can't also do a Received check before local
deliveries. The reason it was done the way it is is that I assumed
that a message that is delivered locally can never come back, so there's
no point in this checking. Perhaps I should change things so that the
check is done for all deliveries except appendfile.