Re: [EXIM] Maximum Message Size

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Bruce Rodger
A: J.Goldberg
Cc: ncass, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Maximum Message Size
> I'm hoping to inch it down. I know that AoL has a limit of
> between 3 and 4 M, and most ISPs seem to think that 3 is plenty.

....the difference being that most people connecting via an ISP are connected
via modem rather than ethernet, and so see a data transfer rate which is about
2 orders of magnitude slower.

Ignoring compression, a 3Mb mail message will take about 15-20 minutes to
deliver over a modem. It'll take a few seconds over ethernet.

Bruce.

--
Bruce Rodger                      |Bruce.Rodger@???  PGP key available
Networking and Computer Services  |http://www.strath.ac.uk/CC/People/bruce.html