Re: [EXIM] Maximum Message Size

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
A: Nigel Cass
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Maximum Message Size
On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, Nigel Cass wrote:

> Just wondered what sort of sizes other people have settled on / are
> enforcing. Particularly those of you working in UK universities.

Please post a summary of your results.

At one point we had 4M, but some professors who aren't willing to
learn about either compression or thinking about space got this
increased. It's been at about 10Mb for about half a year, and
I still get complaints that this is too restrictive, but this
appears to be the smallest number I can get my boss's support for.

I'm hoping to inch it down. I know that AoL has a limit of
between 3 and 4 M, and most ISPs seem to think that 3 is plenty.

-j
--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814