Re: [EXIM] Hypermail and exim

Author: Dom Mitchell
To: Martin Hamilton
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Hypermail and exim
On 29 January 1998, Martin Hamilton proclaimed:
> PS While I'm here - here's an idea which came up at the joint
> TERENA/RIPE anti-spamming BOF yesterday :-
>
> Tweak mail systems like Exim (and sendmail :-) to generate a
> Content-MD5: header for the message bodies, if it's not already
> present - see RFC 1864 for more info.
>
> Optionally :-
>
> Add support to the mail system itself for some level of throttling
> when N messages with the same message body MD5 are sent within some
> timeframe M. This could also be done externally, of course - e.g.
> procmail could be tweaked to add a "recent MD5" cache to its existing
> "recent message ID" cache, etc etc.

How would this system cope with a large mailing list being injected in
several goes (eg: via bulk_mailer)? Would it simply halt the mailing
list traffic for a period and cause normal mail to carry on fine?
--
Dom Mitchell -- Demon Internet Ltd.
hdm@??? -- Systems Administrator, Mail and News Team.