Re: [EXIM] lsearch ${lookup in filter file?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Dan Birchall
Cc: exim-users
Temas nuevos: [EXIM] Best way for a group of aliases?
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] lsearch ${lookup in filter file?
On Mon, 26 Jan 1998, Dan Birchall wrote:

> But the if-then-freeze is really the crux of the matter.
> When I use the -bf bit, I get "Filter error: unavailable
> filtering command "freeze" near line 11 of filter file" whether
> I'm on as me, or as root. I'm guessing that just means I can't
> use "freeze" in testing, since it doesn't interfere with the
> delivery of mail.

Freeze is available only when running as the system filter; it seems a
bad idea to make it available in testing mode, since that might give
ordinary users the idea that they can use it in their filter files. I
was assuming you would be doing something like replacing "freeze" with

testprint "would have frozen"

for the purposes of testing the lookup.

> Any more thoughts?

Put a message on the queue addressed to an address you want to block,
e.g.

exim -odq <bad address>
.

Then run a delivery with -d10 in order to see exactly what the filter is
doing:

exim -d10 -M <message id>

That should produce masses of output, some of which starts with
"Filter:", tracking the actions of the filter, though I see that there
is a bug in that it doesn't actually distinguish between "finish",
"freeze" and "fail" in the logging output. Still, it should tell you if
the condition matching is working.