Re: [EXIM] They keep knocking when nobody is home!

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Sherwood Botsford
CC: Exim List
Subject: Re: [EXIM] They keep knocking when nobody is home!

Sherwood> A while ago I added ix.netcom.com and worldnet.att.net to
Sherwood> my reject list. Neither one takes 'no' for an answer.

Sherwood> I suspect that they are assuming that they are being
Sherwood> rejected because the system is busy.

Are you rejecting them at the from point or at the recipients point?

ie if you are using
    sender_reject = ...
then change to
    sender_reject_recipients = ...

that may well sort them out, since you are saying the recipients are a
problem rather than the sender....

Sherwood> I am beginning to think that the way to handle spam is to
Sherwood> accept it, but add an extra header to it, X-Spam: Crap
Sherwood> from worldnet.att.net then in my global procmail file
Sherwood> quietly deliver it to /dev/null

But thats burning more of your bandwidth - keep them right out.

    Nigel.