Re: [EXIM] headers including envelope address ?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Peter Radcliffe
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] headers including envelope address ?
Philip Hazel <ph10@???> probably said:
> On Tue, 20 Jan 1998, Peter Radcliffe wrote:
> > but $user} and ${domain} appear to be empty at this point (I just got
> > "... for <@>").
>
> Yes, well, a message is allowed to have many recipients. That is why
> $local_part and $domain are not set at this point.

> If you put all recipients into the Received header, then they are all
> revealed to all recipients, which is not what is wanted when Bcc
> recipients are involved. (I believe Sendmail does this only if there is
> just one recipient address.)

I believe you are right there (after briefly looking through some of my
mail).

> The envelope address information at final delivery is provided by Exim
> in the Envelope-To header, which it adds per delivery. The option
> envelope_to_add is on by default for appendfile, and off for pipe (can't
> remember quite why this choice was made).

but if the envelope-to has changed in the earlier forwarding, as is the
usual case for me, by the time it gets delivered on the final host it is
too late to get the information I wanted.

> I have made a note to think about this in the case of a single envelope
> addressee, as I can see it is potentially useful for sticking in the
> Received header by an intermediate MTA.

Thanks - if $local_part and $domain were set in the case of a single envelope
addressee this would be another usefull thing to add to headers.

Peter.

--
Peter Radcliffe | pir@??? | Shore.net systems administrator.