[EXIM] IP literals

Author: John Horne
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] IP literals
Can you tell it's Friday? Having hacked around with these problems, I now
turn to the list...:-)

Whilst domain literals are probably old-hat I'm trying to ensure that we have
them configured correctly (i.e. so that they arrive somewhere), but whenever
they reach the destination system Exim seems to give the error:
jhorne@[...IP addr...]: local_smtp transport deferred: all host address
lookups failed permanently

I set back the ipliteral router and the remote_smtp (I know it says local in
the example above) transport to their initial/default configuration as
supplied with Exim, but get the same problem.

I can send from one system to another, but not get the message any further.

John.
PS This is the last part (I think) of our configuration of exim, everthing
else has been done and it's working really well. Thanks to y'all for the
help and patience with my questions :-)

John Horne,                                  E-mail: J.Horne@???
Computing Service,                           Phone : +44 (0) 1752 233911
University of Plymouth, UK.                  Fax   : +44 (0) 1752 233919