[EXIM] relay domains

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John Horne
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] relay domains
Just checking something:
Our central mailhub has the IP address 141.163.2.62, but the name as set by
"primary_hostname" is 'pandora.computing-service.plymouth.ac.uk'. However,
the DNS shows 141.163.2.62 to be "plymouth.ac.uk" which is the domain pandora
looks after (confused?).

In trying to allow plymouth sub-domains to relay through us, I included
'relay_domains_include_local_mx'. But is the MX check done on the local host
name (pandora) as set in 'primary_hostname' or by the DNS domain name for the
IP address (plymouth in our case)? The former seems to be true, which
explains why our local sub-domains are having mail rejected due to the
relaying prohibition :-( I don't really want to change the primary_hostname
to plymouth (or whatever) since I want to keep the local (pandora) users -
albeit only a couple of us - separate from the domain (plymouth) users.

John.

John Horne,                                  E-mail: J.Horne@???
Computing Service,                           Phone : +44 (0) 1752 233911
University of Plymouth, UK.                  Fax   : +44 (0) 1752 233919