[EXIM] Rewritten From: Lines from Local Users

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ephraim Silverberg
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] Rewritten From: Lines from Local Users
Using Exim version 1.82, we noted that (as opposed to sendmail) the From:
lines are not rewritten to add the GECOS field if the MUA does not do so
itself (e.g. ucbmail, mh).

The code seems to be in src/accept.c lines 1365-1368:

/* If there is no from: header, generate one. If this is a delivery error from
a non-local source, we can't generate a proper address. */

if (from_header == NULL)

I realise that from a MTA-purity point-of-view, the MTA should be reticent
in changing a legal header produced by an MUA, but since 'qualify_domain'
is allowed, could a 'qualify_full_name' option be added to Exim that would
force adding the GECOS field to the From: line even when it already exists?
Ephraim Silverberg, CS System Group,          Phone number:   972-2-6585521
Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel.         Fax number:     972-2-6585439
WWW: http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~ephraim        E-mail: ephraim@???