Re: [EXIM] Rewritten From: Lines from Local Users

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Ephraim Silverberg
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Rewritten From: Lines from Local Users
On Tue, 6 Jan 1998, Philip Hazel wrote:

>                          Completely *replacing* the From line, whatever is
> there already, can be done today:

> *@local.domain  "${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/passwd}\
>               {${if match{$value}{^(?:[^:]*:)\\{3\\}([^:]+)}\
>               {$1 }}}}\
>               <$local_part@$domain>"    fw

Thanks.

> The problem with adding to an already existing from line is in deciding
> when to do it, I suspect. Does snedmail do it for any or all of

I checked these on our old sendmail mail-server:

From: Gecos Entry for Abcd <abcd@LOCALDOMAIN>

> From: <abcd>
> From: <abcd> ()
> From: abcd ()
> From: () abcd
> From: Joe <abcd> Doe

In all these cases, @LOCALDOMAIN will be added to the address, but
no GECOS field will be added.

> If it is wanted only for the first one (or two) then things are
> relatively simple. What happens if user Joe Doe (login = abcd) sends a
> message containing
>
> From: xyz
>
> ? What Exim does in that case is to add a Sender: header, which does
> include the gecos field.

Here, sendmail adds no warning header but does not add the GECOS field
of 'xyz' even if it exists in /etc/passwd -- only the address is qualified
by @LOCALDOMAIN as in the other five cases.
Ephraim Silverberg, CS System Group,          Phone number:   972-2-6585521
Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel.         Fax number:     972-2-6585439
WWW: http://www.cs.huji.ac.il/~ephraim        E-mail: ephraim@???