Re: [EXIM] Relaying question.

Author: Adrian Bool
To: Jonathan Care
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Relaying question.
On Fri 19 Dec, Jonathan Care wrote:
> I have a question regarding relaying. One of my associates gets POP mail
> delivered to him at a machine I run, and I'd like to set him up as
> authorised to send mail through my host, so that he can send mail from
> this machine.
>
> The problem? He gets internet connectivity from AOL.
>
> How do I allow him to connect to me for mail relaying, but avoid opening
> myself up to AOL as a spam-relay.
>
> Apologies if this is a "there's a better way to do it" question, answers
> suggesting a better method also welcome.

Put the qpopper (from qualcom) on your server, get the user to use Eudora
and if you get the settigs rigt Eudora will send the mail through the
POP channel, meaning you don't need to open exim to the horrors of AOL.

Next question is what are the settigs for eudora.. err.. According to
http://musicm.mcgill.ca/~roy/http/pop3xtndxmit.html just having no SMTP
Server defined should cause Eudora to send via POP - although when I was
trying that it didn't seem to work too well.

Someone from .ac.uk mailed me with a commnd to put in Eudora's config file
that would kick it off - but I can't seem to find it at the mo :-( Perhaps
and email to qualcom coul sort that out?

aid

--
Adrian J Bool            | mailto:aid@u-net.net
Network Operations        | http://www.noc.u-net.net/