[EXIM] Minor exim install niggle

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Betreff: [EXIM] Minor exim install niggle
Philip,

Is there any chance you could modify exim_install to preload the PATH with
some extra directories....

On SunOS chown is in /etc for some daft reason. I don't have /etc in my
path. Every time when I install exim on SunOS, unless I remember to
preload the path correctly, exim is copied into place, and then the chown
files. exim_install interprets that as me not being root. OK, so I then
add /etc to the path, and redo. exim_install then sees that exim is in
place so does not redo it - despite the permissions being wrong.

Alternative solutions. Probably worth linking old exim into exim.O,
writing new one as exim.N, setting permissions and then doing mv exim.N
exim.O - this is more atomic. Of course old one then needs permissions
stripping. [maybe the best approach may be to have an OLD subdirectory
which is mode 777 and moving all the old versions into there with
permissions unchanged - could make a rollback more simple.

Final solution. Get me to remember to add /etc to path - I think you are
on a loser there (I don't use SunOS very much).

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 251 6012                   Fax : +44 113 234 6065 ]