Re: [EXIM] exicyclog suggestion (a minor issue)

Author: Chris Thompson
To: Wayne Folta
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] exicyclog suggestion (a minor issue)
Wayne Folta <wayne@???> writes:

> I just noticed one side-effect of the way that exicyclog works. I wanted to
> search back through all the saved mainlog's, and the last three are gzip'd,
> so I did 'gunzip *.gz', which failed. All of the gzip'd files wanted to
> uncompress to 'mainlog.2'. Probably not a big deal in the grand scheme of
> things, but...

You've got a version of gunzip that *defaults* to -N (i.e. restoring to the
filename originally compressed)? How horribly unsafe... Can you at least
force it to do the right thing with -n ?

Chris Thompson               Cambridge University Computing Service,
Email: cet1@???    New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
Phone: +44 1223 334715       United Kingdom.