Re: [EXIM] More case isues with Exim

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Frank de Lange
CC: Exim List
Subject: Re: [EXIM] More case isues with Exim
On Thu, 11 Dec 1997, Frank de Lange wrote:

> Seeing a question on case sensitivity in Exim, I have some other

comments on this. Exim has (at least v1.73 had, haven't tried this with
1.80) problems with path descriptors /IN/mixed/CASE for several
arguments in the configuration file, like all *_domains_* and *_hosts_*
settings. This is caused by an explicit tolower(*string) in
src/readconf.c.

Oh, rats! That is a fault of evolution. Originally *_domains_* was just
a list of domains, and domains at least *are* specified as being case
insensitive. I obviously forgot about this when later on the ability to
specify lookups including file names was added to domain lists.

Thanks for pointing out the problem. I am somewhat amazed that nobody
has noticed this before. I've made a note and will fix it at some point.

Philip