[EXIM] More case isues with Exim

Author: Frank de Lange
To: Exim List
Subject: [EXIM] More case isues with Exim
Hi 'all,

Seeing a question on case sensitivity in Exim, I have some other comments on this. Exim has (at least v1.73 had, haven't tried this with 1.80) problems with path descriptors /IN/mixed/CASE for several arguments in the configuration file, like all *_domains_* and *_hosts_* settings. This is caused by an explicit tolower(*string) in src/readconf.c. It does this tolower on all parts of the string, not only on the real arguments. This way, you can not have an lsearch; or dbm; lookup pointing to a file in a /MIXED/case/directory (which we had). Personally, I converted all lcstringptr's to stringptr's and made sure all data in the files to be searched was lowercase already. There are other solutions (like only lowercasing when the command line contains direct arguments, not when there is a level of indirection like an lsearch or a dbm lookup), but I have not implemented this (yet). is there any interest by others for a feature like this? And if so, will it make it into Exim or do I !
have to patch it in?

Cheers//Frank
--