RE: [EXIM] Obscure director bug in Prefix/Suffix + Unseen

Author: Troy Cobb
To: 'Philip Hazel'
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: RE: [EXIM] Obscure director bug in Prefix/Suffix + Unseen
I just downloaded and did a clean compile of 1.750, and the bug goes
away. So, the difference between our setups appears to be that 1.750
works, and my 1.73 doesn't. :)

A quick diff looks like there were changes in direct.c between these two
releases.

- T

On Thursday, December 04, 1997 4:20 AM, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Dec 1997, Troy Cobb wrote:
>
> > However, if the director is also set as unseen, to allow the address

it
> > is directing to be tried by other directors in line, then the

address
> > that is passed along as unseen is the STRIPPED local_part, not the
> > original. My expectation would be that further directors would be

given
> > a shot at the prefixed/suffixed address, but this original address

does
> > not seem to be being pushed back onto the director stack, instead

being
> > replaced by the stripped address.
>
> Your expectation is entirely correct.
>
> > Here's a quick example:
> >
> > director_one:
> > unseen,
> > prefix=local-,
> > transport=local_delivery,
> > driver=localuser;
> >
> > director_two:
> > prefix=local-
> > driver=aliasfile;
> > file=/path/to/special/aliasfile/for/additional/addresses
>
> I tried this exact example (except that I had to add

"search_type=lsearch"
> to the second director).
>
> > In this case, an address of "local-somebody@???" will get
> > matched by director_one, which sends it to local_delivery. In

addition,
> > it is marked as unseen and sent along to director_two, which WILL

NOT
> > MATCH the address, because the address being sent along is just
> > somebody@???.
>
> This did not happen for me. The -d9 output was:
>
> address local-ph10@???
> local_part=local-ph10 domain=xoanon.csi.cam.ac.uk local=1
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> directing local-ph10@???
> stripped prefix local-
> calling director_one director
> director_one director succeeded for ph10
> transport: local_delivery
> address local-ph10@???
> local_part=local-ph10 domain=xoanon.csi.cam.ac.uk local=1
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> directing local-ph10@???
> stripped prefix local-
> director_one director skipped: previously directed local-
> ph10@???
> stripped prefix local-
> calling director_two director
> director_two director: file =
> /path/to/special/aliasfile/for/additional/addresses search type = 48
> file=/path/to/special/aliasfile/for/additional/addresses query=ph10
>
> > Of course, this could all be by design, and I'm just misinterpreting

the
> > documentation. :) I'll look into the code later to determine the

place
> > this is occuring.
>
> I was trying this with the latest code, but I don't think there has

been