[EXIM] Some general questions

Author: cf2
To: exim-users-request
Subject: [EXIM] Some general questions
It looks likely that we'll soon be replacing our campus mailhubs (a
sparc 10 & 5 running PP v8.1) with a couple of new Suns, candidates
at the moment being a pair of Ultrasparc 170's with 64Mb and 2G disk
(+another 64Mb and another disk probably). My question is: does anyone
have any good/bad experiences with running Exim under Solaris 2.6? Does
the above spec look reasonable? We receive at present up to maybe 35k
messages per day, which probably equates to 3.5k or more per hour at
peak times. We'd like one machine to be able to handle this, with both
coping comfortably. Another question: would a 1-2 Gb spool be sufficient?
These are simply mail relays with no local users.
Any advice greatly appreciated by someone with little experience :~)

Thanks,

Craig.