Re: [EXIM] Invalid characters in recipient addresses?

Author: David Osborne
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Invalid characters in recipient addresses?
Philip writes [28 Nov 1997 9:27:17 GMT]:

> The To header has nothing to do with where a message gets delivered. It
> is the address in the message's "envelope" (the one passed in the SMTP
> "RCPT TO" command for SMTP mail) that determines where the message is
> sent.

Yes, I realise that, but the user types the recipient address into a To field
when composing a message and doesn't do anything with the envelope address. I
suppose what I was asking was: if non-printing characters somehow got from
what the user typed into the envelope address their MUA created, would Exim
show these non-printing characters in the log by perhaps escaping them into
hex or octal?

David

--
David Osborne                                 david.osborne@???
Cripps Computing Centre                             tel: +44 (0)115 951 3397