Re: [EXIM] RBL

Author: Jon Peatfield
To: exim-users
CC: J.S.Peatfield
Subject: Re: [EXIM] RBL
Ahem. As I said some time ago, one can just add a header to say that this
site appeared in the RBL list, then individual users can filter or not one the
existance of the header (using a trivial exim filter script). The
provider/ISP isn't filtering, it is simply passing on the RBL information (the
user could do the lookup themselves, but this is easier).

I believe that this would be allowed by Vixie but someone really ought to ask
him, in case this is considered to be filtering for a 3rd party...

Of course adding a header is permanent, and stays with the message forever
even after the RBL is removed (but then all it is saying is that they were in
the list at the time the message arrived). In some countries this may be
considered to be publishing a defamatory comment and may be within libel laws.
[ I'm no lawyer, nor do I play one on TV. ]

-- Jon