Re: [EXIM] sendmail -qRdomain.com

Author: Jason Kohles
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] sendmail -qRdomain.com
On Mon, Nov 24, 1997 at 11:11:42PM -0600, Nathan Schuler wrote:

> > It is also pretty easy to convert "sendmail -qR$1" to "exim -R$1".
> >

> Along your idea, it would be easy to write a command line interpreter called
> 'sendmail' that would pass the altered options to exim. Such a program
> could be done in any high level language or script. Anyone out there have
> such a program or willing to write one?

How about perl (my personal favorite)...

#!/usr/local/bin/perl -w
map { s/^-qR/-R/ } @ARGV;
exec("exim",@ARGV);

--
    Jason Kohles -- System Administrator -- XMission Internet Access
       jason@??? (at work) jason@??? (at play)

    "What is the sound of Perl?  Is it not the sound of a wall that
     people have stopped banging their heads against?"
        --Larry Wall in <1992Aug26.184221.29627@???>