[EXIM] No route to host

Author: Joshua Ross
To: exim-users
CC: Joshua.Ross
Subject: [EXIM] No route to host

    I have a dial up connection on which I've got exim set up.  It works
wonderfully as long as I am sending mail locally or to the departmet mail
machine.  I have fallback hosts set and this is the only way I can get mail to
the rest of the world.  All other hosts give a message like:

1997-11-22 15:23:50 0xZHPN-0000Im-00 list.theplanet.net [194.152.64.143]: No
route to host

and then similar messages trying other names for the same MX record.

Have I got something set up incorrectly? Should I be getting these sorts of
messages?

Thanks,

Joshua.