SOLVED RE: [EXIM] Matching on sender domain OR reciever doma…

Author: Alpha Geek
To: 'Philip Hazel'
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: SOLVED RE: [EXIM] Matching on sender domain OR reciever domain
On Friday, November 21, 1997 12:16 PM, Alpha Geek wrote:
> sender_host_reject_relay = *
> sender_address_relay=*@"local_domains"
> relay_match_host_or_sender

This works now, here's why:

In sender_address_relay, I was using an sql lookup to determine valid
domains. However, I'd unfortunately chosen some syntax there (using an
@ sign) which conflicts with an address lookup in exim. Of course, the
address lookup in exim checks to see if there is an @ sign in the text
of the lookup itself.

I believe this is a bug. Address lookups should key off of the lookup
type FIRST and foremost (a la nis:, dbm:, etc) and NOT from the raw text
of what's specified after one of these special lookups. Heck, somebody
may want to have a filename with an @ sign in it for one of these
things.

What I did to solve my own immediate problem was to change the syntax of
my sql lookup. Not as pretty looking now, but it works.

Note, more on the new sql lookup module I've created, in just a few more
days. I'm bringing it into production use fully tested before I release
it.

- Troy