Re: [EXIM] local_domain!=qualify_domain, check_ancestor does…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Andrew V. Kovalev
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] local_domain!=qualify_domain, check_ancestor doesn't work
On Thu, 20 Nov 1997, Andrew V. Kovalev wrote:

> That is just what I want to avoid - in smail which I'm now replacing with
> exim all three machines used that database. Now I'm going to get rid of NIS
> leaving all intelligent mail processing on tiger.

Then you should copy the user's .forward files onto tiger!

The problem seems to be in splitting the processing between the two
systems.

However, I have made a note to consider changing the way that a local
part without a domain is handled in an alias file if it is the same as
the input local part. Currently it gets qualified with the normal
qualify_domain. If this were changed to qualify it with the same domain
as the address being aliased, then you could easily do what you want. In
fact, there is already an item on the wishlist wanting to do this for
*any* unqualified address, not just ones that match the input address,
so I guess a couple of new options will have to appear.

Not for the next release, though. I have frozen development on that one
and will be releasing testing code tomorrow.