[EXIM] some wishes for filter files

Author: Gareth McCaughan
To: exim-users
Subject: [EXIM] some wishes for filter files
There are a couple of things I can't do with Exim filter files
that would be helpful in the fight against spam. I believe that
the reason why I can't do them is that Exim can't do them, but
I'd be very happy to be corrected.

1. There doesn't seem to be any way to check whether a given
header exists but is empty. Empty headers seem to be quite
a frequent indication of spam.

2. It would be nice to have, along with `is', `contains', `matches'
etc, a `begins' predicate. (Of course one can implement this
with regular expressions, but that's equally true of `is' and
`contains'...)

Are these reasonable things to want? Is there any chance of my
wants being satisfied some day?

--
Gareth McCaughan       Dept. of Pure Mathematics & Mathematical Statistics,
gjm11@???  Cambridge University, England.