Re: [EXIM] local_domain!=qualify_domain, check_ancestor does…

Author: Andrew V Kovalev
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] local_domain!=qualify_domain, check_ancestor doesn't work
Philip Hazel wrote:

> How is the message forwarded from tiger to horse? Do you transform the
> address into ivan@horse? In that case, the incoming address is
> ivan@horse and so of course check_ancestor won't match when checking it
> againsg ivan@???.

Yes, this is the case. Horse doesn't even know the original address. My
mistake..

So it seems that the only way is the use of something like "real-" prefix or
just simple adding /var/mail/xxx to .forward.

I'd like for cases like this to preserve old functionality of "\" in
.forward - "just add that message to user's mailbox no matter what".
Maybe we should create a new director for this case? If "\" wasn't ignored
when processing .forward I think I could this do it with address
rewriting but since "\" seems to be removed just at the beginning of
processing I doubt it's possibe without source code modification.

                avk

--
"An NT server can be run by an idiot, and usually is." -- Tom Holub