Re: [EXIM] Partial domains and relaying controls

Author: Tony Earnshaw
To: David Osborne
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] Partial domains and relaying controls
David Osborne wrote:

> I'm looking at controlling relaying via our Exim systems. However, when I tried it last week, a message was rejected because it was addressed to a partially-qualified domain.

> I have the following in the config file:

> relay_domains = nottingham.ac.uk:*.nottingham.ac.uk:*.nott.ac.uk:partial-lsearch;/usr/local/exim/tables/relay_domains
> relay_domains_include_local_mx
> sender_net_accept_relay = 128.243.0.0/255.255.0.0

> However, a message sent from a machine on our net was rejected because it was sent to "user@unix" rather than "user@???". The configuration has rewrite rules to fully-qualify that name, so I wonder if the relay checks take place before the rewrite rules are applied? The FQDN appears in the relay_domains file mentioned in the partial-lsearch, but the partially qualified name does not.

I've only had Exim on our mail machine since Saturday, but here goes. We
have two domains for which smtp/local mail must be served, so I
encountered your problem immediately. Take a look at the configure
parameter local_domains. Make sure that you have at least: local_domains
= user@machine:user@domain.

Works for us, anyway - wasn't possible with MMDF. I'm just getting my
teeth into it (compiling was bad enough).

When will we be getting imap, Philip?

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw