Re: [EXIM] exim-exim bulk mail problem -- backup smarthost?

Author: Michelle Dick
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [EXIM] exim-exim bulk mail problem -- backup smarthost?
Michelle Dick <artemis@???> wrote:

> I have a linux box running exim 1.73 and it uses a machine running
> exim 1.71 as a smarthost. Each night, one message is sent to the
> smarthost to about 1800 recipients (in chunks). While my local exim
> logs all show successful deliveries to the smarthost, only some the
> 1800 final delievies are being made, some of the chunks are being
> dropped.

Ah, I was wrong, they weren't being dropped, they were queued and no
queue-runners were operating on the queue (an alternate queue, there
is more than one exim service being run on the machine).

Still would be interested in advice for making my delivery to the
smarthost as nice to the smarthost as possible and also interested in
folks willing to provide backup smarthosts for my list.

Thanks as always,

--
Michelle Dick             artemis@???              East Palo Alto, CA