Re: [EXIM] Sending to system without an MX

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Evan Leibovitch
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Sending to system without an MX
On Tue, 11 Nov 1997, Evan Leibovitch wrote:

> I'm trying to send mail to a system which has an A record in its DNS but
> no MX. All attempts to verify/send refused to find the site.

Exim should cope with this automatically. However, there can be problems
with sites in strange states, for example, with a wildcard MX that
points to a non-existent host.

Try running

exim -d8 -bt xxx@???

The debug output should show you the results of the DNS lookups that it
does.

> What do I need to do to
> allow the 'lookuphost' router/driver to accept systems that have an 'A'
> but no "MX' record?

The strict answer to that question is "nothing"! But I suspect that this
particular host has got something else in the DNS that is confusing
things. If you tell me the name of the host I can run my own tests...