Re: .forward on /dev/null homedir freeze

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Daniel Ryde
CC: Exim Users
Subject: Re: .forward on /dev/null homedir freeze
On Mon, 27 Oct 1997, Daniel Ryde wrote:

> Nahh, is it not better with a forwadfile private option instead? I
> disslike the use of special cases. They alway pop up where
> you don't want them. "ignore_homedir_error = true".

I really don't think you want that. Perhaps "ignore_not_a_dir_error".

> BTW as it is now it freezes the mail.. If this is a temporary NFS
> timeout should'nt it be better to defer it instead?

It does defer it if can't stat() the directory. This covers the case of
NFS mount not present. Having had a successful stat(), it freezes if it
can't open the forward file, unless the error is "file does not exist".

I guess I should look at the results of the stat and see if it really is
a directory, and act at that point.