.forward on /dev/null homedir freeze

Author: Daniel Ryde
To: Exim Users
Subject: .forward on /dev/null homedir freeze
I have some users with /dev/null as homedir to prevent shellaccess.
They only have pop mailbox access. This gives an error in the userforward
director and then the mail is frozen:

1997-10-27 13:04:11 0xPkeI-0004IF-00 == pl@??? D=userforward
defer (-1): userforward director failed to open /dev/null/.forward: Not a
directory
1997-10-27 13:04:11 0xPkeI-0004IF-00 Frozen

Is this a feature, or? Should'nt it just fail and continue with the next
director?

Another question which I could'nt find the answer in the docs:
I have some frozen mails from mailerdaemons that were refused as spam.
They were originally sent by a spammer that used us as mailrelay with an
nonexistent fromaddress. I swiched to exim to stop that.
And now, how am I supposed to trash these frozen mail? Is it just to 'rm'
them from the input spool?

Best Regards

Daniel Ryde, System Administrator
Tripnet AB                Visit Address:      Telephone:  +46 31 7252500
Box 5071                  Avagen 42           Fasicmile:  +46 31 7252501
S-402 22 GOTEBORG         GOTEBORG            Email:      ryde@???
Sweden                    Sweden