Re: logging hdr re-writes

Author: Alan Thew
To: Philip Hazel
CC: Exim List
Subject: Re: logging hdr re-writes
I sort of made sense when I sent it :-)

Currently we have one production exim machine (1.61). This is configured
to re-write all headers. Since it does this, the re-written header is
logged as the envelope data.

We have 2 development machines (1.73) where all headers bar `env-to'
are re-written which of course means that although the RFC822 headers
are re-written nothing appears in the logs. Historically Liverpool has
allowed both usernames and aliases to be used but in log processing
it's useful to have the alias e.g. alan.thew appearing rather then the
username. Is there any way I can get this in the logs or do I just post
process the data?

The reason why these machines are different is that our production machine
does no local delivery whereas the new machines will need to do some...

Thanks

--
Alan Thew                                       alan.thew@???
Computing Services,University of Liverpool      Fax: +44 151 794-4442