config file changes

Author: Jim Gottlieb
To: exim-users
Subject: config file changes
Exim does not appear to notice config file changes on its own, and
requires a HUP. Is this correct? If so, I'd like to request the
former behavior be added to the (looong) wish list.

We distribute the configure file by rdist, and it's a royal pain to
have to then manually log in to every machine to do a kill -HUP. Sure,
I can write some script that checks to see if it has changed and then
does a HUP, but it would be nice if exim did this automagically.
Thanks.