Re: Wildcard in aliasfile?

Author: Daniel Ryde
To: Philip Hazel
CC: Exim Users
Subject: Re: Wildcard in aliasfile?
On Thu, 23 Oct 1997, Philip Hazel wrote:
> But I made this possible for the next release, and I posted the patch to
> the list fairly recently. Here it is again.

Works perfect. Almost...
If there are many "rcpt to:" in one mail I loose all but the last
address in the "Envelope-to:" header. Is there a possible way to ither
expand the mail for every "rcpt to:" (Hmm, not generally, but for the *
aliases. Maby with a prefix and then handle it with another
director/transport...) or to generate a header containing all addresses.
This will be used as a kind of pop/smtp/uucp batching for some users, and
if I loose some addresses it wont work, and I cant trust the "To:" header
for obvious reason.

Generally I am seeking for ways fo making virtual domains configuration
very extesive and easy. For example an aliasfile for bar.com:

foo:    foo, foo@???, addxheader-mrdrunk
beer:    uucpbatch-beer
drink*:    addxheader-mrdrunk
juice:    smtpbatch-hangover
*    popbatch-therest

Using the prefix to direct the mail to another director/transport pair.
The problem it now that I might loose recipiant addresses.

Best Regards

Daniel Ryde, System Administrator
Tripnet AB                Visit Address:      Telephone:  +46 31 7252500
Box 5071                  Avagen 42           Fasicmile:  +46 31 7252501
S-402 22 GOTEBORG         GOTEBORG            Email:      ryde@???
Sweden                    Sweden