Configuring eximon (exim 1.73)

Author: John Horne
To: exim-users
Subject: Configuring eximon (exim 1.73)
I've been trying to set the "hostname" variable mentioned in the eximon.conf
file to set the main window title. It doesn't seem to like this though and
reverts to "eximon.bin". It looks like "${hostname}" isn't being set or
rather returns a null value; if I change the local config file to read
"WINDOW_TITLE=`hostname`" then all works fine (for me). Trying to use
"EXIMON_WINDOW_TITLE=abc eximon" from the command line also reverts to
eximon.bin.

Using solaris 2.5.1 the hostname command returns just the hostname rather
than the FQDN which the script seems to expect.

I'll work through the shell script if wanted to see where the true fault (?)
lies, or am I doing something wrong?

John.