Re: add/remove headers

Author: John Horne
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: add/remove headers
> If it is a bug, it is a very weird one. It is the same code that writes
> out a message, whether it be writing it direct to the ultimate
> destination or to a transport filter.

Panic over. It's just my bad Perl programming. It was not doing what I
expected (of course!).

Having said that though, and the original cause of my writing the filter, is
is there a way of obtaining the local part of the (original) recipient when
using a smartuser director? $local_part gets set to the local part of the new
address, and $original_local_part isn't set (or rather set to "").

For example, sending a msg to "list-xx" (which would list the members of the
mailing list "xx") gets picked up by a smartuser director which states
"new_address = $sender_address" so that the reply goes back to the sender.
The smtp transport (which the director specifies) jiggles with some of the
header lines (subject, from, to) and provides the contents of the message.
However, I can't seem to be able to get hold of the original recipient -
"list-xx" or "xx" (the director uses the prefix option set to "list-").

Any ideas?

John.