Re: director contingent on random address?

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Philip Hazel
To: T. William Wells
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: director contingent on random address?
On Fri, 17 Oct 1997, T. William Wells wrote:

> Here's the transport and director:
>
> local_smtp:
>    driver        = smtp;
>    interface    = MYIP,
>    hosts        = MYDOMAIN,

> special:
>    domains        = SPECIAL_DOMAINS,
>    transport    = local_smtp,
>    driver        = aliasfile;
>    file        = ADDRESS_FILE,
>    include_domain    = true,
>    search_type    = dbm,

> What I'm trying to do is to get certain locally generated mail to
> be "received" via SMTP.

I see. What you need is a "self" option on the SMTP transport, since
that is where the host is looked up in this instance. I have made a note
of this requirement.

However, on reading the code, I see that the check for a local address
is applied only if you look up the name in the dns or by name. If you
actually specify an IP address, Exim believes you and sends the message
anyway. So for the moment you could get away with replacing MYDOMAIN by
MYIP above.

> (Yes, there is something, outside of exim, that
> prevents looping.)

I assume you are intending to send to a different version of Exim, or
something, since otherwise the above configuration would appear to loop.
Note that when you specify a transport on an aliasfile director, it does
*not* change the address you are delivering to.