Testing mode and the retry database

Author: John Henders
To: exim-users
Subject: Testing mode and the retry database

I recently spent some time debugging a new ruleset I was writing for
exim and found the fact the exim makes an entry in the retry database
when given the -N flag to not actually deliver really frustrating, as
every time my test failed I had to delete the retry database in order to
run another test. All the command linux flags relating to retry appear
to only operate on queued messages. Would it be possible to either not
update the retry database when the -N flag is in effect, (possibly -d as
well, or have another flag that tells exim to ignore the retry
databasee?

--
  Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.