Re: Closed mailing lists

Author: Piete Brooks
To: John Horne
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: Closed mailing lists
> Is it possible to truly verify that a message has come from a specified user?

Check the PGP signature ?

> We would like the postmaster to be the only user able to access certain site-
> wide lists, but need to be sure that the sender really is the postmaster.

A technique we have recently implemented is a "poor man's moderation".
It may be suitable for you in this case ...

Using a system-wide filter, freeze all mesages to the list as they arrive.
Postmaster presumably can thaw the message, and if others cannot, you have a
tedious (but usable) mechanism -- Ok for low traffic lists.