missing subjectline

Author: E.G.Groenboom
To: exim-users
Subject: missing subjectline
A final question:

In my inbox the following occurs:

>From exim-users-request@??? Tue Oct 14 22:35:51 1997

From: exim-users-request@???
Bcc:
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 22:35:51 +0200
>From exim-users-request@??? Fri Oct 10 18:19:52 1997

    by montsalvat (fetchmail-4.3.0 POP3 run by egroenbo)

You see? An extra header is put before the read message. That's the
cause of getting no subject lines in the mail clients (I tried
several).

Fetchmail FAQ says it is exim who does this. How can I prevent this?

I tried sending a message to the mailing list, but it was
returned:

-------------------------

From: Nigel Metheringham <Nigel.Metheringham@???>
Subject: Mail blocked from exim list

Your sender address doesn't match your sub address - in fact its
broken in the headers anyhow. The MLM is hence blocking your
submissions.

       Nigel.

------------------------

This is not the first occurrence - it happens quite often (in which
cases I don't have a choice but to switch back to Windows95 (duuhhhh)
and send mail from there. :-(

I know the cause: my domain name doesn't match the domain name which
has been attached to my (dynamic) IP-address when I have dial-up to my
ISP.
I don't use a domain name similar to the domain name of my ISP.

The reason I don't copy the domain name of my ISP is that the username
I have on the ISP computer doesn't match with the username I use - if
I do use the domain name of my ISP, mail will be returned to the wrong
person! (the one who has the same username as one of the usernames of
my system.

If I cannot solve the missing subject problem, I will stop trying to
use exim and return to sendmail, or smail, or whatever......

Thanks in advance for your help,

bye,

Bart.