Re: MX records for non-local machines

Author: John Horne
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: MX records for non-local machines
> That is exactly how we run Exim. We have
>
>     mx_domains = *.cam.ac.uk,

> on the lookuphost router, and it doesn't freeze message. It gives
> "unknown mail domain". I wonder what you are doing different? What does
> a run with -d9 say?

Quack, quack, oops! I was sending mail to myself which was then rerouted to
the "unknown domain". Since exim couldn't send the error message back to me it
froze the message. I tried sending to a different user and it worked fine.
Sorry. Onto relay domains now so I'll probably be mailing another question
shortly... :-)

John.